Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mae- Singularity


Mae- Singularity
Released Today (8-14)
on Capitol

Where was I when Mae's sound did a complete 180? The sound was so much better when they were on Tooth and Nail...what the fuck happened?

'Singularity' offers the idea that it might be something original... but these lame and boring tracks are sincerely lacking any actually Mae-esque zing! I'm getting this nasty New Found Glory aftertaste and I'm really hoping that this is some kind of joke.

Pardon my negativity... but I am just really not feeling the guitar on this album. It's been said in multiple reviews that there is no way to compare the first two records to this, and I couldn't agree more. I really hate the fact that the piano has almost completely disappeared from this album, and been replaced with all types of synthy shit.

"Just Let Go" is my favorite track and definitely the only track that bares any resemblance to Destination: Beautiful or The Everglow. The melody meets my Mae expectations, and the vocals are actually up to par for Elkins abilities. However, please avoid "On Top", it's a joke of a track and the vocals belong in the toilet.

Somehow always Mae manages to craft these lovely melodies, which I can never get enough of, but they few and far between on this album. All in all, I'm very disappointed in the change of sound.

...Since when was Mae afraid to think outside the box?

5 comments:

HOYT said...

it's definately not amaezing LOLZ!

jessica heather said...

always so clever, aren't cha?

jessica heather said...

oh and by that you mean, it's crap

HOYT said...

yes, that's definately what i mean. i was so stoked for the cd because the everglow was absolutely wonderful. this sounds like forced crap and i'm glad i downloaded it before making the mistake of buying it

jessica heather said...

i feel your pain brotha, i would have been one unhappy camper had i actually paid for it