Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Band Of Horses - 'Cease To Exist'


Band of Horses - 'Cease To Exist'
Sub Pop Records
Released October 9, 2007

This is why I started making a reinterpretation of my previous year's favorite albums list last year. I've always been a very casual fan of Band of Horses, but I'll admit I never really cared all that much about them. Recently though, this record has gotten a ton of play at my place of employment, Urban Outfitters (where all the hippest kids work), and I have taken a ridiculous liking to it. This record is awesome in the same way last year's Shins record was. It's catchy, sometimes-bouncy indie-pop that I really just want to listen to over and over again. In the middle of winter, this is exactly the kind of music I want to listen to sometimes. For example..tonight, it snowed here in Atlanta for the first time in ages it seems and this is what I was in the mood to listen to. So let me recreate the moment for you guys..ok get this..I spread open my blinds, exposing a beautiful view of the city through amazing twelve foot windows. I proceeded to make some hot chocolate, complete with giant marshmallows and a friendly helping of whipped cream and I turned this record on. The moments folliwed were some of the most relaxing in recent memory. I simply sat and watched the city as it bathed in those wonderful white flakes falling from the heavens. Okay so the city really didn't bathe in anything and none of the snow really stuck on the ground, but you get the idea.

Standout Songs: 'Is There A Ghost' and 'Detlef Schrempf'

1 comments:

fool of gold said...

I'll bet the view of the snow was cool through your windows.